My friend, Lauren Kelly, is a nutritionist. I asked her to come up with a list of foods with antiaging properties that are good for your skin and are also delicious. Here it is:
- Spinach and other leafy greens are packed with vitamin C and vitamin K. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radicals in the body. Vitamin K is crucial for improving bone density. These leafy greens are also packed with chlorophyll which increases oxygen levels in the body. This helps keep your skin, hair, and nails healthy.
- Berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, yogi berries, cranberries, and blackberries are loaded with antioxidants, which help to fight free radicals. Free radicals can lead to wrinkles and premature aging.
- Dark chocolate is also loaded with nutrients called flavonoids that also help to repair cell damage.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene that gives them their rich, red color. Lycopene helps prevent sun damage, dry skin, and wrinkles. Cooking tomatoes actually increases the nutrition benefits.
- Water is so important to keep everything in the body moving. It also helps prevent dehydration that leads to dry skin. Drinking a lot of water will help your complexion!